Language comprehension, focusing on listening, speaking, reading and writing skills are fundamental to all subjects. Cognitive and intellectual development, and interpretation and thinking skills are the more complex secondary skills that follow. The over-all personal, social and emotional development of each student is constantly monitored to ensure a strong foundation for adult years. The entire learning curve of each student is divided into four phases. Each phase requires focus on certain areas and hence has its own philosophy and methodology that follows through it.
During the primary years the approach is enquiry based where children question, enquire, brainstorm and understand by doing things. An increasing number of activities are taken up so that children understand the concept comprehensively and well. Recapitulation is done with the help of worksheets and questions formed by the teacher after the completion of a concept. To find out whether it has been well received by the children, a structured work sheet is provided to each student. This is based on the principles of knowledge, recall, comprehension, application and analysis.
ducation is a journey, we seek to develop students into confident, disciplined human beings. This objective can be achieved through development of concepts, ideas and skills. Hillwoods provides novel sports facilities and plethora of co-curricular activities. An academic achievement is foremost amongst Hillwoods’ objectives.
We believe in a holistic approach that will enable our students to explore and utilize their potential to the fullest.
- Aim at providing quality education and pursuit of excellence in all fields and life itself.
- Propagate patriotic, social and ethical values to make responsible citizens.
- Ensure physical, mental and moral growth of the students and create in them a zest for learning.
- Enlarge the mental horizons and broaden the outlook of the students through training in co-operation, consideration, team spirit and service.
- Judiciously arouse their aesthetic sense and inculcate habits of personal as well as social hygiene for a happy and healthy life.
- Assist them to enjoy their leisure through healthy recreational activities and hobbies as well as correct reading habits for a lifetime of pleasure and joy.
- Youthful energies to be properly channelized towards creativity and self-actualisation.